News on May 8, 2020 from | Psychedelics Today
In today’s Solidarity Friday’s Episode, Kyle and Joe sit down with Brett Greene, who was the very first guest on Psychedelics Today four years ago. In response to last week’s episode on the Corporadelic topic, Brett comes on the show to talk about companies and drug discovery.
Support the show
- Leave us a review on iTunes
- Share us with your friends – favorite podcast, etc
- Join our Facebook group – Psychedelics Today group – Find the others and create community.
Show Notes Brett Greene
- Brett Greene was the very first guest on Psychedelics Today four years ago
- They all met at Horizons
- He works at The Center for Drug Discovery
- At his new company, they are making drugs from tryptamines that are more predictable
- His team has not only done this countless of times with the FDA, they have also done it with psychedelics
- Brett said that he respects MindMed, he says they are in talks with them for collaboration
- This is not the 60’s, this is a whole new wave in psychedelia
- “The medical model has no interest in understanding the significant implications of these medications” – Brett
- The psychedelic movement doesn’t own psychedelics, they don’t own molecules, but they do own their history
- “We should get away from the right and wrongness of the mechanics, and get into the right and wrongness of the ethics” – Brett
- “Patents are the language of invention” – Brett
- “An ethical charter is one that covers cognitive liberty, business ethics, and responsibility and accountability for patient safety” – Brett
- What are the minimal acceptable requirements when doing this work?
- Brett says that he has been doing years of work, some have lost their families, their freedom, and he thinks that the companies that are paving the way for this new model, deserve to
- Brett said he’d like to see the companies who have been doing this work, to be proud of it
- Companies with a corporate exterior just need to be authentic, people are craving authenticity
- We need to be kind with each other
- We need to balance truth with kindness and compassion
- For those interested in a work postiton email Brett@adelia.ex.com
About Brett Greene
Brett works in research administration under Alexandros Makriyannis, one of the world’s top cannabinoid researchers. His job consists of a multitude of functions, ranging from administrative support for a team of 15+ grant submitting scientists to lab equipment and lab management, and diverse recruitment for NIH grants.
Get a 30 day free audible trial at audibletrial.com/psychedelicstoday